Friday, August 26, 2011

things I've learned this summer

*you don't have to like all the same things your friends do.
*you can pray about anything you are struggling with.
*just feeling peace can be one of the best answers to your prayers
*find joy in the things you are doing as they happen, don't just see the good after
*change helps you to grow and can be a blessing in disguise
*swimming is my new exercise of choice (though I am excited to run again in the fall!)
*blogging/blog stalking is way more fun than facebook
*take the time to laugh and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself.

This summer has helped me to grow in so many ways. I never really felt like I was specifically supposed to be up here this summer. but I am glad I came. last summer at Aspen Grove changed my life. this summer affected my life deeply and taught me a lot. last summer I was so ready to leave, and this summer I am dreading it. and here I am on the last night, thinking about how much I am going to miss one of my many homes. I hope I can take some of the things I learned up here and apply them to my life. and continue to learn new things and become a better person.

I'll miss looking up and seeing these every night.

I'll miss doing this every day.

I'll miss goofing around everyday with 3 of the greatest girls I have ever met. (shoutout to JuJu, who took these awesome pictures!)

I will miss seeing these beautiful trees shimmer in the wind.

well, I guess I should get back to packing :( and bidding summer goodbye.



1 comment:

  1. sad day. Jerry-berry! I'm going to miss you! Thanks for making this summer so great! I'm glad you're a blogger now so I can stalk your blog all day! (You are so right -- it is better than facebook!)

    ReplyDelete