Saturday, July 9, 2011

conquering fears

This is what I did today. after an hour or so of mowing lawns in the hot sun. (though that is NOT me in the picture)


I was scared out of my mind. like shaking scared. but I DID IT! and I am really proud of myself. so you should be too. you climb up a log with little foot holes in it and then you climb up the most ridiculous rock wall ever that is super hard. and then you walk across a bunch of wires--one to walk on and the other to hold onto. and then you have to rappel yourself off the platform. it's probably the worst part. I think I sat up there for like 20 minutes just getting up the courage to do it. I did not even do it the real way... I just sat on the edge of the platform and scooted off. but I did it. instead of camping out there, which I considered.


and I definitely did not look that fearless. and I had a death grip on the rope. Also, a big shout out to all the ropes course people and to Lexi for talking me through everything! It was a great experience, and it really challenged me.

p.s. expect a couple more blog posts tonight if I have the time... I am kinda in a blogging mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment