Friday, July 22, 2011

best parts of the week and lots of pictures

Wow, so much awesome stuff happened that I don't even know where to begin. basically, the fun began on Wednesday night. I drove down to visit my family and got to have a delicious home cooked meal! so exciting. then, I made the long drive back up to the grove for the Christmas in July party. we all came to to staff lodge in our pajamas and we read the Polar Express together! (props to my roommate Kelli for reading it to everyone. and learning to pronounce nougat in the process.)

We then rode the Polar Express to the dining hall, where the fun began. starting with family pictures. single partner picture (all of our program counselor partners are engaged or seriously dating... lame.)

roomie picture!!! (aka trailer trash)

second year staff members!

we then had the traditional gift exchange (I got five dollars worth of candy... perfect for my dieting resolutions) and then proceeded to eat sugar until we were sick, chat, and laugh. It was a wonderful night.

This is Cici. She took a liking to me this week and was hanging out with me all the time. During frontier night, she gave me the free stuff she got. and she looked for me every meal. It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

The children from this week with us on the fire truck. Though we had a lot of difficult children this week, they were so cute. One of the girls asked George to marry her because "no princes would be left by the time she wanted to get married." and I got a lot of flowers from my children.

this is what happens when you let your kids paint your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment