Thursday, December 1, 2011

No Shame.

I am always learning new things about life every semester. I think what Heavenly Father is trying to teach me this time around is that it's okay to ask for help when you need it. and it's okay to open up to other people.

I'm usually a pretty closed off person and I don't like to share my feelings. and I NEVER like to ask for help. but this semester I have seen that I feel so much better when I talk to other people about what I am upset about, what I need, or if something is bothering me. It helps so much.

I can't do everything on my own. It has taken me a long time to realize that it is perfectly fine to ask others if you need something. This semester has been pretty stressful with all my teaching hours, and one time I just could not get everything ready for science club that I needed to. (Wednesdays I am ridiculously busy.) I had no clue what to do so finally I just asked my roommate if she could help me prepare the stuff for science club since I would not get it done before class. and of course she said yes! so, it's good to let others know when you need help.

Learning this lesson really parallels with knowing that I cannot do anything without Christ. I have also learned this semester that I need Him in my life. He's the one that I tell everything to and he knows ALL my struggles. I think that Heavenly Father needs me to know that I need to depend on others more because I can't do it alone. It might have worked for awhile, but I will have trials where I will absolutely need the support of others, and most of all I need to depend on my Savior.

Here's a great quote that emphasizes this. It was on my kindness quote of the day calendar and I LOVE it.

"Independence? That’s middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth." – George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Lots of good insights that I was needing right about now. Thanks for being awesome Jer!

    ReplyDelete