Sunday, October 7, 2012

General Conference

I loved every minute of it. There were lots of small questions and ways I wanted to improve that I got some good answers to. I am so grateful for this church and for the opportunities to hear from the prophet and general authorities.

One of my favorite things to do is pay attention to what topics are touched on more than once. I feel like those are pretty important things that I should be focusing on. The ones I noticed were: \

*conversion is a process
*we need to become as a little child (I think this was in at least 4 talks)
*the home should be the primary place of religious instruction, not the church
*analogies using the apostles after Christ's death. we need to show we love Him through our loyalty and we need to stay with the Savior.

A couple other good quotes (one from conference and one not):

"Don't wait until you are about to die to truly learn how to live." -Uchtdorf

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” -Winston  Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment