Saturday, July 21, 2012

loving life. and being more daring.

let's just say that I am crazy. one of my goals this summer was to be more daring. and I am doing quite good. Last weekend, I somehow ended up doing the ropes course again, even though I pretty much hate it. slowly but surely I guess I am working on overcoming my fear of falling off of it.I even rappelled down this time! and it was fun!

This past week at Aspen Grove, we recreated the Hunger Games. At the reaping, I was chosen to represent district 7! On Sunday night, we all had interviews, preparing for the games and judging each other's strengths. The actual event went down on Monday night... plastic spoons, PVC pipe/foam swords, homemade spears, and nerf guns were all used in an epic battle to the death. Unfortunately for me, I was trapped by the Tracker Jackers (two of the manager's kids that could run around and tag us)  and was forced to miss out on most of the action. When I headed back to the field for the killing finale, I died quite quickly as everyone had two big weapons and all I had to defend myself was a measly spoon. it was great fun though!

My new game at frontier night this week was fishing for mousetraps. the kids use poles with weights on the ends and try to get the mousetraps to clamp on. It's quite a painful job for me because I have to keep setting them up and sometimes they just snap on your finger!

Last night, I went to my first rodeo! I loved all the country music and seeing people hold on and try not to get bucked off. I did not enjoy waiting forever in between these performances. especially when the stupid clown comedian came out. I didn't think he was that funny. After the rodeo, Arianne and I drove back to AG after another run to Walmart... it is so fun hanging out with her all the time! We have so much in common because we are in a very similar stage of life and it's so great that we get along so well and have so much to share and talk about! Hopefully even though we are both going to be soooo busy in the fall, we can still hang out because I will miss it! 


last but not least...here's a gem from this week. one of my girls singing opera in the bathroom. She was so hyper all week but we had a lot of fun!



It's crazy how fast and slow at the same time this summer is going by. I really want to be in California for my sister's wedding because I am sooooo excited for her and also to see my family (it's been awhile... at least for me!). At the same time, I NEVER want this summer to end. I am getting burnt out, but I love that there is not a lot of stress. Just play with kids all day and relax when I am done. Not to mention I am really starting to love hanging out with the people up here! I am trying to just enjoy it and love every minute because I am going to miss it so much in the fall!

and here's one of my favorite moments from the week. It was Harry Potter day, so naturally when they saw the broom, they all wanted to pretend to ride it!

No comments:

Post a Comment