Friday, July 13, 2012

great weekend

Though I am definitely missing one of my favorite groups of Cubs yet, I was still able to get out and have some fun this weekend.

I started off my 24 hour break with tubing down the Provo River. rain? check. thunder and lightning? check. being attacked by many trees? check. It was so fun and adventurous and laughable. definitely some much needed bonding time.

While traveling down the river in our tubes, I got the chance to talk to my roommate Ashley some more and get to know her. She is so fantastic and we just found out we are going to be in the same ward in the fall! I couldn't be more excited to have her in my ward!

After tubing, we hurried back to the grove to shower and get ready and then were headed back to Provo for a surprise party for one of the grovers. we waited for an hour and a half for him to get there, and everyone was starving! He was sure surprised when we all screamed happy birthday and we quickly said hi and then drove to Panda Express asap to fill our empty stomachs. Is it bad that I am proud of myself for getting the smallest thing possible and only spending six dollars? this budget thing is hard! the night ended with a Target run for necessities. I am proud of myself because I only spent four dollars there... I guess I am becoming a little bit good at not spending all my money like crazy!

loving that I have fun things lined up for the next two weekends as well... a rodeo, fishing, celebrating more birthdays, and who knows what else? beats sitting up here bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment