Monday, June 18, 2012

I am so inspired...

...by those amazing Paralympian athletes.

They train hard for hours and hours. They are gorgeous inside and out. They never give up. They can do hard things.

I am so lucky to have known one myself. Just like the girl in the video I linked to, she has never given up. I believe she is the only Paralympic swimmer that is going to college and training at the same time. She is such an inspiration and an example to me. Swimming was a form of therapy for her that helped her to become stronger and develop self-confidence. Something to dedicate herself to that definitely paid off in the end.

Good luck in the Paralympics, Cortney Jordan! You are the most amazing friend ever!

(here's some footage from her at the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing. watch it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment