Sunday, June 24, 2012

bucket list update and teaching primary

  things I have done on my bucket list: 
 
-gone to a fair
-found a new scripture study method, still working on making it a priority
-hiked Cascade Springs
-spending money: I have been spending less than 10% of my paycheck, except I buy one fun thing every paycheck. I would say that is pretty good. 
-laid in the hammock
-party more (this is so/so, sometimes I do, but I don't really have a lot of people that I like to party with yet) 
 
things I have yet to do/will continue to do: 
 
go to seven peaks
watch fireworks on fourth of july
go on a date or two
hike Timp
 work hard to make every week awesome for the Cubs and not let 
my own desires ruin their vacation
find new ways to study scriptures and make it a priority
index 3 batches a week
spend 10% or less of what I earn
be more daring
read at least 3 books (one spiritual)
lay out and watch the stars/meteor shower
magnify my calling
start listening to the Harry Potter books
be more friendly and party more
 
For my calling, I teach the Valiant 10 class in Primary. I love it. Some weeks can be a real challenge because they just try to play all the time. This week was a pretty good lesson. So many of the kids I teach have good testimonies and good answers and good stories. I learn so much from them as I teach. Today, I asked them to share stories about when they had been prompted by the Spirit, and they all had amazing examples. I am so grateful for all they teach me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment