Tuesday, May 29, 2012

roommates

the roommates I have had while attending BYU have made my experience so fantastic.

Freshman year, I was blessed with six crazy fun and amazing roommates to help me with the transition to BYU and made the year a blast!

the endless pranks with Arianne were fantastic. like the time when we hid all her stuff in our closets while she was out of town and wrote the above eviction notice. the dollar coin made it even better because we found those all around our apartment and we never knew where they came from.

Many other adventures ensued. We went to the Girl's Choice Harry Potter dance and made super awesome costumes. Arianne was Hermione, Shelby was Luna, Ellen was Ginny, Hannah was Trelawney, Ashley was Parvati (?), and I was Umbridge!

One time, Ashley, Arianne, and I decided to ride the bus to the mall. It was semi-confusing but we made it there in one piece and had a fun time! We also had many candy poker nights with us and our sometimes our favorite missionary friends. We would use all our creamery money to buy a buttload of candy and play poker all night! sometimes I miss those days!




trying to find our way to the mall 
all ready for the Harry Potter dance!

playing candy poker!



Sadly, the year came to an end and in May I headed up to Aspen Grove for my summer job. I didn't know anyone and I can't believe how crazy I was to do that! However, I was again so blessed to have some awesome roommates. Sharon was so great and we got along fantastically well. We loved to hike and exercise, were obsessed with a lot of the same things, and she could talk for hours and I was content listening to all her crazy stories about boys. Rachel was pretty awesome too, very nice and clean, but we did not see her a lot! (she was dating someone!)

Rachel, Sharon, and I
 The summer  came and went and my sophomore year I lived with Ashley and Arianne again, and one new roommate, Whitney. Whitney was a hip-hop dancer superstar, an awesome baker, and was super nice! We had more fun adventures... going to plays, having dance parties and roommate dinners, going to football games and concerts, and going to tons of fun activities with the best ward ever!

after some play we all went to see.
at one of the BYU football games.

We tried to make headbands. I failed miserably and got hot glue all over my clothes!

Whitney and I dancing it up in our apartment
roommate dinner :)
Ashley and I after true blue football
                                                                                    
Sophomore year was so fantastic. Lots of learning and growing and dying in hard chem classes, but playing just as hard! I am so grateful for the fantastic roommates I had. (It was my last year being any of their roommates... a hard change!) 

For my second summer at Aspen Grove, I was so lucky to be paired with some of the most amazing roommates ever. Julia, Kelli, and Nico were my trailer buddies and we pretty much did everything together... boondoggle making, scary movie nights, Sammy's runs, camping at Zion's, dance parties in the morning, etc... living with them was like a party all summer long!  
Me, Mayra, and Ashley
 Junior year was probably the craziest year. I was so darn busy all the time!  I also had two sets of roommates as I chose to move apartments in the middle of fall semester. I started off living with Mayra, Ashley, and Sarah. I really got to know Mayra and Sarah well and they were such fun girls. I loved my Cocoa Bean runs with Mayra and the late night chats where Sarah and I just laughed and laughed. Moving out was a difficult decision, but it was for the best.                                                                            
Sarah and I


 So, I packed up all my stuff in one night (coincidentally, we had cleaning checks the next day... yikes!) and moved two doors down. I had my own room for a couple months before my friend Anne moved in. Living with Katie and Kristina rocked. They are so nice and spiritual and just super awesome girls! Our favorite pastime was to hide this little plastic rat in each other's belongings. This went on for quite awhile!
I believe Katie is responsible for this super awesome hairdo.

  Katie and I celebrating our fall birthdays at Tucano's!




This one time, Katie and I hung out a lot. before she became a student teacher and had to do all this stuff for her students and work a job at school. So one day, we randomly set up a tent in my old living room and had a sleepover. It was a blast! I can't believe she is graduating and maybe leaving Provo!

at the homecoming parade with some cool people (Jen and Leah) and my roommate Katie.

 Katie and I making delicious macaroni themed creations for our ward dinner. 


the four amigos. (anne, kristina, katie, me)

Anne was so stellar! We shared a room during winter semester and had so much fun! We talked about everything, watched each other sleep (just kidding), distracted each other from studying, and did generally other fun things. She is now putting in her mission papers! crazy! I will miss her a lot!

I am also moved out of Park Plaza for good! It will forever hold a special place in my heart (cliche I know.)  It's super bittersweet because I loved loved loved my ward and the complex, but I am ready for the changes and fun that await me at the Colony!!! and the summer party that Aspen Grove holds!

2 comments: