Tuesday, February 14, 2012

devotional

sometimes, devotionals contain just what you need to hear.

I was thinking this week that my life has been a little off as of late because I have become so focused on school and worrying about other things that I had not been focusing on the gospel essentials. and I need to find that balance again.

lo and behold, devotional was all about just that. stop spending so much time thinking about all your concerns and worries and spend quiet time each day to be still.

If you do, everything else will fall into place.

plus, it was a general authority and he wore a Gryffindor tie, spoke in a British accent, and made a Hogwarts reference.

I am glad I went to devotional!

and I am obsessed with this song and cannot wait for the Hunger Games movie.



P.S. happy Valentine's day.


excerpt from my friend's latest missionary letter that is just too fantastic not to share:

"I think I came on my mission expecting to be the perfect missionary, subconsciously thinking how much I wanted to employ all of the advice I'd been given. I think it surprised me when I was still just... me! Just one daughter of God who really loves the Gospel. But I am amazed at how good He is to us. I've realized how completely mortal I am, and I think learning to embrace our "weakness" (like it says in Ether 12:27) is fundamental. I've realized that Heavenly Father doesn't want us to be perfect NOW. Part of the process is learning to laugh with ourselves and grow!
This Gospel is not for perfect people, it is for imperfect people involved in a perfect work. I am amazed at how the Savior changes us and makes up the difference--even IN our imperfection! I am still learning so much, but I am also feeling so relieved in a way. The Gospel is SO WONDERFUL. This is the ONLY WAY! I testify that as you kneel to pray you are heard by a loving Heavenly Father. He is always there. We got to teach our district about repentance this week (I love repentance!), and tears came to my eyes as I testified that the Savior will come wherever we are to bring us to Him. How He loves us! The church is true. The Book of Mormon is the WORD OF GOD, and can shape our testimonies and build our faith."

1 comment:

  1. JERAMY! I love that song too -- it makes SUPER excited! I just posted it on my blog a few days ago ha ha! I'm so glad you love it too!

    ReplyDelete